New View

New View

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year!

Last night I woke up at midnight with a throbbing headache. Sinuses. I took super medication, propped my head up, breathed slowly to try to reduce the pain, and finally fell back asleep around 3ish.

Tonight, the pain started to ramp up again around 5 pm.  It is now just after 9 PM my time, and my husband and son just left to go to a NYE party.

I should feel guilty, missing out, purposefully sending husband and son on their way for this special night. I do feel terrible but it is because my head is killing me. I get this sinus stuff once each year, I have my meds and neti pot and herbal teas and menthol...but I know it just takes time and care. There is nothing that will alleviate this tonight- certainly not a lot of loudness: people, music, partying, etc.

My husband was going to stay home with me, but our son hardly ever gets to see some of the kids who are already there, he was so excited to go and have fun and stay up....and we made a ton of food so one of us would have to drive over. It is better this way.

I admit, though, if I have to get sinus junk, I am pretty happy with the timing. I am entirely willing to believe this is psychosomatic.  It is so lovely and quiet. I have a hot bath running, steaming up the bathroom now. I broke out my "mocktail" in bottle, which actually tastes horrible and I am going to toss it. Once the tea is done and this post is up, it will be bath and bed...which sounds lovely. I just hope I can get myself to sleep, as generally the sinus thing really kicks in when trying to lay down.

I am an introvert, so having a lovely quiet evening to myself is a soothing thing. Even if it is New Years Eve. I hope it's not an omen of things to come; we generally try to enjoy all the big holidays as a family.  But I can't control any of that and just need to not worry about it. This is a grand, grand night to lay low and be on my own, and gratefully and happily sober!

May your night be wonderful! Ring in a fabulous New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment