New View

New View

Sunday, May 16, 2021

Mid May Check In

Hello Blog world! 

It's been about 8 weeks since my last post.  So much for accountability, eh? HAHAH.

My brain has been doing much better lately.  Yesterday I felt quite dizzy in the evening, but I attribute this to the massive amount of tree pollen that just dropped and to which I am allergic.  I was outside most of the day.  I have had hardly any allergy symptoms this year, I think it caught up to me yesterday!

Really, although I have some "DOH!" issues, lately it's been more vision that cotton brain.  I feel like I have some spirit self or other mischievous gremlin popping in and moving things on me.  I spent 5 minutes the other day looking in the pantry for a huge open bag of raw cashews that I knew I had just put in their days before.  I gave up and grabbed my newer, un-open bag.   I opened the new bag, took what I needed, went to put the bag back, and there, literally right in the center of the middle shelf, was my old bag!  D O H!  This is totally different than cotton brain, and I will happily take this weird vision thing instead.  I am pretty sure it is the norm for my son and husband as they can never find anything in the fridge or pantry!

I am doing much better with food planning.  I would say I am about 98% vegetarian and about 92% vegan in the last month.  I feel great physically and I am super happy about the improvements in my son's diet as well.  He "kid approved" the chocolate pudding I made this morning.  He has no idea that the base is sweet potatoes, and it has 1/4 cup steamed/blended cauliflower, plus flax seeds and mushroom powder and dates, plus some almond milk.  It has about 1/2 cup of monkfruit/erythritol too but I feel OK about it- there is about 3 cups of pudding made so it's not a ton per serving and the rest of the ingredients are plants in their natural (or very close to it) form.   It tastes like normal chocolate pudding and is SO good!

I am sort of combining the diets espoused by Drs Greger, Furhman, and McDougall.  It takes a bit of planning but overall I am really enjoying this high carb, low fat, plant based way of eating. I am down about 11 pounds since my last post in March.






No comments:

Post a Comment